Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

when installing Windows using bootcamp, do I need a USB that matches the iso? for instance I have a 64gb iso, so do I need a 64gb USB?

I recently just purchased Windows 10 Home. For Bootcamp I needed an iso which I downloaded, but to continue with the installation, I needed a USB drive. Do I need the USB storage to match the iso? i.e. I have a 64gb iso, so do I need a 64gb USB?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Jan 26, 2016 11:35 AM

9 replies

Jan 26, 2016 11:39 AM in response to Timothy1912

Are you sure the ISO is 64GB in size? Or are are you referring to it being Windows 10 64 bit which has nothing to do with its file size?

Usually the USB drive needs to have enough space to accommodate the file being put on it. If the file is 64GB in size, then yes you would need a USB that can accommodate that. However, I don't believe there are any Windows ISOs that are 64GB in size.

when installing Windows using bootcamp, do I need a USB that matches the iso? for instance I have a 64gb iso, so do I need a 64gb USB?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.