Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bonjour on our business network

We have 7 iMacs in our veterinary hospital (most of them are 21.5" 2009 versions, one running 10.8.5 the rest are 10.9.5 or 10.10.5). We regularly use Bonjour to communicate with other areas of the hospital rather than having someone walk all over (ie the reception desk messaging the person in the treatment area "the next appointment is ready in exam room 1". Our computers all share an apple ID so that we can have a common address book and we have never had a problem with this until now. After fixing something with the apple ID on our Lab computer yesterday, now all of the computers are all called the same thing in Bonjour, so when you go to message someone, you can't figure out who it is until you ask them or read the previous conversation. At first they were all called Lab, then after spending 45 minutes on the phone with Apple customer support, they told me to assign a card to each computer, but since they are all sharing an apple ID, the card is the same for everyone, so now instead of Lab, they all come up as Room 2, or whatever I set the card to. After spending another 45 minutes on the phone with advanced customer support, I tried making sure none of the computers had an active apple ID in iMessage, and were just using bonjour, but that didn't fix the problem either so now I am stuck. User uploaded file

I tried creating a new apple ID for one of the computers, but I can't get that to work either, even adding that apple id as a contact in the address book.

Can anyone help me to get Bonjour to recognize each computer as different?

User uploaded fileSo it looks like this when you go to the list of buddies to generate a new conversation, User uploaded fileThen in the active chats window you can tell who everyone is by their picture, but not their name.

Please help!

iMac

Posted on Jan 26, 2016 11:40 AM

There are no replies.

Bonjour on our business network

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.