Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FCP 6 slo mo effect

Hello

Can anyone out there please respond to a question I have about Slow motion effect in FCP 6?

Final Cut Pro 6, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Jan 26, 2016 2:22 PM

23 replies

Jan 26, 2016 3:10 PM in response to Shane Ross

Thank you for answering me. I am new to the forum and appreciate your patience. My situation is this I have a clip that was sent to me by a friend with the same software I have. The clip had a lighting effect on it that I liked but wanted to put another overlay effect circular light, then put the whole thing in slow motion. When I apply all of the effects it plays beautifully and just as I wanted but when I render it or export it the slow motion effect plays at regular speed but all of the other attributes stay put. My question is has anyone else had this problem and how was it remedied? -2 for spelling

Jan 26, 2016 3:52 PM in response to Shane Ross

Pardon me for not knowing but how do I perform that? How do I create a new sequence and do I just drag that clip in and do the edits and transfer it back to the other timeline or do I need to transfer the entire project into it and if so How is that done? Im sorry for my lack of knowledge on this but I do appreciate that you are the first one that seems to be getting me close to solving this problem

Jan 26, 2016 4:02 PM in response to lesfromrussellville

In the FILE menu...NEW>Sequence. Or, COMMAND-N. That makes a new sequence. Then, take the clip you have and drag it onto that sequence. or open it in the VIEWER, and cut it into the sequence. When you do that, FCP will ask the question about matching settings.

But now...you have that other sequence, which is DV. Is all the rest of the footage you are working with DV? It seems like it is, based on your other answer. You said all the other footage is DV, right? If so...then you need to work in the DV sequence. But then you have that issue. Hmmm...I need to ponder this.

Jan 26, 2016 4:09 PM in response to lesfromrussellville

The rest of my movie is SD. I filmed it all with a canon xl2 back when it was the hot new camera. Unfortunately for me HD came out right after I bought the camera. I just recently sold it and am making the jump to DSLR HD video then these problems won't arise as much. Sorry I should have stated all of that at the start. Everything your saying makes sense though. Im just 99% done with this video and its driving me crazy.

FCP 6 slo mo effect

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.