Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my daughter's iPod touch

My Daughter's iPod touch 5 isn't working. We can't slide to unlock - there is a box around the time or the slide to unlock place. Siri cannot connect to the internet and I can't get into settings to see whats wrong. I've tried pressing home 3x and rebooting many times. When we press and hold home, Siri says something really fast that we can't understand. Anyone know what to do?

iPod touch (5th generation), iOS 9

Posted on Jan 26, 2016 6:26 PM

1 reply

Jan 27, 2016 12:43 AM in response to amyfromverona

You may have the accessibility VoiceOver feature turned on but it appears the triple click of the Home me button does not allow access. Thus try the configuring via iTunes:

Triple click the home button and try going to Settings>General>Accessibility and turn VoiceOver off. You may have to use three fingers to scroll the screen to get there. If problems see the following for how to turn off via iTunes:

iPhone: Configuring accessibility features (including VoiceOver and Zoom)

If not successful then try the remaining items of

Try:

- iOS: Not responding or does not turn on

- Also try DFU mode after try recovery mode

How to put iPod touch / iPhone into DFU mode « Karthik's scribblings

- If not successful and you can't fully turn the iOS device fully off, let the battery fully drain. After charging for an least an hour try the above again.

- Try another cable

- Try on another computer

- If still not successful that usually indicates a hardware problem and an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store is in order.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

my daughter's iPod touch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.