Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't type in nor use my adress field in safari (since updating to 10.11.3)

The adress field in Safari (9.0.3) shows up, but I can't position the cursor in it nor type in adresses. Only way is to restart Safari, on the first page one, but only one input in the adress field is possible. And: The URL shows up as a "mess of letters" (letters positioned one over the other).

I have the problem since updating to MacOS 10.11.3

Thanx for any help!

iMac, OS X El Capitan (10.11.3), Safari 9.0.3

Posted on Jan 27, 2016 1:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 27, 2016 2:23 AM

I Had This Problem This Morning Too - After Briefly Scouting The Internet i Found The Only Current Workaround Is To Disable "Include Safari Suggestions" Under Search Tab In preferences.

17 replies

Jan 27, 2016 5:50 AM in response to bob roonie

Am I the only one who this workaround does NOT work for? Similar issues to above with Safari opening ok and can load webpages from bookmarks ok (internet connectivity is ok) but I cannot use the address bar as a google search. I can enter text/address but nothing happens when I hit return. I also cannot open any new tabs, they simply are blank and do nothing. I've tried this workaround in preferences, then quit safari, open safari, even rebooted my iMac. No change. Apple please create a fix urgently.

I can't type in nor use my adress field in safari (since updating to 10.11.3)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.