Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

10.11 Open Directory external command

Hello,

I used to be able to add an external shell command triggered on users password change by adding it to the com.apple.passwordserver file. It seems that this is not the way to do it in 10.11 server and I already found couple of posts regarding this in the community forum but they were both unanswered till now. Any advice on this?

Thanks

Mac Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Jan 27, 2016 1:53 AM

5 replies

Feb 8, 2016 8:03 AM in response to mona139

Since I haven't got any help yet. I would like to take another approach to resolve this; Is there any way to change the OD users passwords to SHA1?
This is driving me crazy and I couldn't get any help from apple support after several calls and emails. My main issue is OD passwords are not read by our Google Apps domain and I would like to sync users password to our google apps domain. I managed to find a script to capture the user's password and change it to SHA1, store it in another user attribute and use this attribute to sync passwords to our google apps. now everything has changed, Is there another way to accomplish this?

Thanks.

10.11 Open Directory external command

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.