Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New tab

This morning is happening something very strange and i cannot use Safari.

Every time a open a new tab (using + button or cmd t) the new tab doesn't open and instead i have the strange situation as in attach.

Furthermore if i digit, in the search bar, the first letters of i website i usually go (it is in the history) it doesn't "complete" the name (as if i was new).

can someone help me?

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9), MBP,iMac,iphone,iBook G4

Posted on Jan 27, 2016 1:25 AM

15 replies

Jan 27, 2016 6:06 AM in response to cinarra

It's possible that this version of Safari has only been tested with El Capitan. Which would mean that users with either Mavericks or Yosemite as their OS may - like me - be getting this issue. As yet I don't know but it would be interesting to see if all OS users get this issue with the update or if El Capitan users are exempt?

My son - who has El Capitan installed on his machine (I am still at Yosemite) - is not home until the weekend. I'll ask him if he has seen the same issue.

At least for now with Yosemite the Preferences suggestion has worked for me.

Jan 27, 2016 7:39 AM in response to albertoantenucci

I had the very same thing on my girlfriends computer with Yosemite, Safari 9.0.3, and Flash Player NPAPI Plug-in version 20.0.0.286 (without PPAPI Plug-in).

I on the other hand am running El-Capitan, Safari 9.0.2 and Flash Player NPAPI Plug-in version 20.0.0.267 (with PPAPI of the same version). On my machine I do not have this problem (yet..).

Perhaps it has something to do with this error in the security tab in Safari preferences? It shows up on my girlfriends computer but not on mine..

User uploaded file

Feb 1, 2016 2:29 AM in response to jo.on

Dear all, you're welcome, I was just lucky to come across the answer in a quick search. i've noticed some odd/quirky behaviour with Google searching and Youtube over the last few months, e.g. search fields seem buggy now and then etc. nothing major but it is annoying when things play up for no apparent reason. Fox

New tab

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.