Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacPro will not connect to I-phone 6 via AirDrop VIN,Mac Pro (Early 2009), OS 10.10.5. Phone is IOS 9.2.1

Neither my MacPro OS 10.10.5 or my MacBook AIR OS 10.9.5 will connect via Air Drop to my i-phone 6 IOS 9.2.1 Can anyone offer a solution?

VIN,Mac Pro (Early 2009), OS 10.10.5. Phone is IOS 9.2.1

Posted on Jan 27, 2016 4:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 27, 2016 9:43 AM

Unless you installed a BT card/dongle that supports BT 4.0 AirDrop does not work

If you're sending to an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch:

• Your Mac needs to be a 2012 or newer model with OS X Yosemite or later.
  • The iOS device must have Personal Hotspot turned off in Settings > Cellular.

Use AirDrop to send content from your Mac - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 27, 2016 9:43 AM in response to microphone87

Unless you installed a BT card/dongle that supports BT 4.0 AirDrop does not work

If you're sending to an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch:

• Your Mac needs to be a 2012 or newer model with OS X Yosemite or later.
  • The iOS device must have Personal Hotspot turned off in Settings > Cellular.

Use AirDrop to send content from your Mac - Apple Support

Jan 29, 2016 1:03 AM in response to markwmsn

Hi

I didn't understand when you said a BT 4.0 dongle as in the UK BT usually stands for British Telecom who are telephone and Broadband providers but I understand now. I have spoken to a more knowledgeable friend who has recommended an ASUS dongle but he has also told me to turn off the Apple Bluetooth and how to do it. Hopefully all will be resolved soon.

Thanks for your help

MacPro will not connect to I-phone 6 via AirDrop VIN,Mac Pro (Early 2009), OS 10.10.5. Phone is IOS 9.2.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.