Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keynote won't show individually installed fonts

Hello there,

Since i've installed the latest system (El Capitan) and the latest Keynote (6.6.1), all the font's that i've installed are no longer usable in Keynote.

Keynote only shows the system-fonts that are parallelized between OSX and the iOS-Version of Keynote – but not the Fonts that i've installed via FontExplorer (a font management tool).

In the other Mac-Applications (like Pages, Numbers or even the Texteditor) the respective fonts are visible - and i can use them for whatever i need them.

Is there a way to use individual Fonts in the newer Keynote-versions?

Thanks for any help!

-Stephan-

Posted on Jan 27, 2016 5:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 16, 2017 8:00 PM

After trying everything, this worked for me.

Import new font into Font Book> In keynote type 'hello' on a slide> select text> Command T> go to the font e.g Adobe Caslon Pro > then go to the settings icon in the top left corner (cog image) > add to favourites.

otherwise, if you can't see the font at all in format> font > show fonts (shortcut Command + T) then you may need to go back to your Font Book on mac and play around with the enable/disable (right click on fonts) make sure it's enabled on 'computer'..

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 16, 2017 8:00 PM in response to Milchfisch

After trying everything, this worked for me.

Import new font into Font Book> In keynote type 'hello' on a slide> select text> Command T> go to the font e.g Adobe Caslon Pro > then go to the settings icon in the top left corner (cog image) > add to favourites.

otherwise, if you can't see the font at all in format> font > show fonts (shortcut Command + T) then you may need to go back to your Font Book on mac and play around with the enable/disable (right click on fonts) make sure it's enabled on 'computer'..

Jan 27, 2016 6:50 AM in response to Gary Scotland

Unfortunately Font Book is no adequate solution - as we are an agency, using Font Explorer. The two programs are «fighting against each other» so that only one can be used...

As the font works for the other apple-applications, i can't understand why it's not like this for keynote? Isn't there really another way for getting professional fonts working in keynote? Are the times over when apple computers where thought for (professional) working?

Thanks for any help!

Feb 3, 2016 8:06 AM in response to lulujunqueira

It seems, as we remain unheared...

I have investigated that issue a bit more – without any new conclusion nore success...

I hope as well, that there is a fix for that soon. Why should a function no longer work that did in the past?

Now i can use our companies font on the iPad – but not on my desktop-computer... that is like vice-versa to before, where it was not possible to use own fonts on the tablet but on the desktop.

Feb 5, 2016 9:07 AM in response to Milchfisch

Hi there again,

After fiddling around with different ways of integrating fonts into Keynote, i finally found my way.

Again: I am using FontExplorer, which doesn't allow the use of FontBook (you can only use one...) So every solution that includes FontBook was not working for me.

I then tried to put the fonts into the folder user/library/Fonts/ – which didn't work as well. Today i had then the «flash of genius» of another place for fonts... Et voilà – there is a system-font-folder under Library/Fonts/...

Putting the fonts there makes them usable under Keynote! Done!

Sep 28, 2016 12:28 PM in response to Milchfisch

I have finally found the perfect solution for this problem. All we need to do to have FontExplorer working with Keynote again is to move all the fonts files to a folder inside the "Users" folder.

That could be a issue if your computer has more than one user. You would need to change permissions to a lot of files and folders.

I tried here and finally I have everything as before, all kinds, OTF, TT...

Keynote won't show individually installed fonts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.