Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't locate an Itunes Playlist

Created a playlist/folder called Pop which is now...lost!

I can access the music all right but I just can't find the folder in menu (on the left side)

I must have drag/drop it into another folder but I just can't find it (very large music library)

Any help ?

Thx

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Jan 27, 2016 5:44 AM

14 replies

Feb 6, 2016 7:15 AM in response to turingtest2

Not quite solved yet

Here's the thing

In my IT folder (IT/ITMusic/Music)

there are a lot of folders that used to make up my POP playlist folder

but they don't appear as folders anymore since I must have deleted the that particular playlist folder

I'm trying to re-create the playlist folder and put in it all the individual folders that were created before and that still exist on my HD

For instance, in the Eric Clapton folder on my computer, I have 8 albums

but I can't seem to find a way to import the whole folder

In fact I can't import any folder at all. I have to import individual songs

Add to the library just doesn't do anything

Any idea ?

thx

Feb 6, 2016 7:40 AM in response to 007Charlie

File > Add to Library > {Select folder} > Open should add a folder and all of its subfolders. Alternatively drag and drop. If your folders represent playlists then make a new playlist in iTunes and drag the folder to the playlist to add all of the tracks that are in it. If you don't want iTunes moving files around when they are added to the library then under iTunes > Preferences > Advanced turn off the option to Keep iTunes Media folder organized.

When did these playlists go missing? See Empty/corrupt iTunes library after upgrade/crash for a method to roll back to an earlier version of your library.

tt2

Feb 6, 2016 9:02 AM in response to 007Charlie

Where is that file really? Ideally, having located a suitable library file, you would normally copy this back up to the main iTunes folder, rename is as iTunes Library.itl and reconnect with option-start-iTunes. That should get rid of the additional Previous iTunes Libraries folder shown in your path above. In a modern well formed library I'd expect the actual location to be file:///Users/<User>/Music/iTunes/iTunes Media/Music/Alan Silvestri/Stuart Little 2/01 Breakfast Talk _ Food For Snowbell.mp3

tt2

Can't locate an Itunes Playlist

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.