Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari does not play well with Photobucket, Chrome not much better.

I use Photobucket a lot and with Windows it is great but since I have been using a Mac, nothing but problems, less so with Chrome. Operation in Photobucket very slow, cursor manipulation difficult. Any changes I can make on my Mac to improve things. What photo hosting software do most use with Mac. Thanks

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Jan 27, 2016 7:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 27, 2016 7:25 AM

If you open the Photos app there are a number of photo sharing apps available, look under sharing. Personally I use Flickr and have had good luck with it. I think you should contact the developers of Photobucket, your issue is not with your iMac it's with that apps. Ask them if they support the verison of OS X you use and see about getting support for their product.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 27, 2016 7:25 AM in response to gerryfromparadise

If you open the Photos app there are a number of photo sharing apps available, look under sharing. Personally I use Flickr and have had good luck with it. I think you should contact the developers of Photobucket, your issue is not with your iMac it's with that apps. Ask them if they support the verison of OS X you use and see about getting support for their product.

Feb 6, 2016 8:23 PM in response to gerryfromparadise

If you are running any plugins in your browsers then you may need to disable some of them or whitelist the site to make Photobucket work. In the past, I have been unable to use Photobucket with Chrome unless I disable the majority of privacy and script blockers. However, even then, they have some serious problems with their website currently. I just loaded Photobucket in a clean Safari (no extensions installed at all) and Photobucket caused thousands of javascript errors (mismatched origin/cross domain security problems from content from 3rd party domains). Therefore, Safari and Chrome are actually doing you a favor by now allowing Photobucket to do some really insecure things behind the scenes related to it's advertising partners and social network partners. These are the kind of things that can expose you to a drive-by infection on a Windows PC.

Safari does not play well with Photobucket, Chrome not much better.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.