Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Drummer MO: How to stop it wasting resources by sending mono sources to stereo buses?

How does one control the destination bus of a MO source?

Astonishingly - when I load producer kits many of the buses/aux's are playing mono sources on a stereo bus - wasting processing.

Then, if you bounce, you are doubling storage requirements, processing - and time and filesize when/if you send out.

El Capitan, Logic Pro x, Mac pro

Posted on Jan 27, 2016 7:07 AM

3 replies

Feb 6, 2016 1:53 AM in response to Vogon

Hi

Vogon wrote:

How do I get Drum Designer to correctly send mono sources to mono buses instead of the pre assigned stereo ones?

In short, you can't do this with Drum Kit Designer.

Note that DKD is really a "front end" for the EXS 24, so, if you really wanted to make some limited changes, you could swap DKD for the EXS24, then open the EXS Editor. You can change output assignments in the Groups pane:

SoCal ( non-producer) looks like this

User uploaded file

Note that there are only 6 mono outputs available

SoCal+ (Producer), looks like this:

User uploaded file

Not much scope here to do what you'd like.

Drum Machine Designer is similar, acting as a front end for Ultrabeat(s)

CCT

Feb 6, 2016 10:04 AM in response to CCTM

Right...
I did actually find the drumkits and load them into exs24... They were designated *.exs files.

As you say, nowhere to make changes.

The other amazing part is, 3rd party plugs give options on MO routing (BFD, Kontakt) - yet not Apples OWN plugins. This is such a "Noob" mistake.

I'm flabbergasted enough to use the term "flabbergasted".

Drummer MO: How to stop it wasting resources by sending mono sources to stereo buses?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.