Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I unlike my notes from my email. I share an email at work and I don't want my notes to show up. Thx

How do I unlike my notes from my email. I share an email at work and I don't want my notes to show up. Thx

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Jan 27, 2016 9:11 AM

1 reply

Jan 28, 2016 9:35 AM in response to gnoyes77

Hi gnoyes77,

On your work computer, do you have iCloud enabled? If so, turn that feature off. The resource below will provide more info.

iCloud: Change iCloud feature settings

You can change which iCloud features you’re using on any of your devices by turning features on or off. You can also turn off iCloud completely.

When you turn off an iCloud feature on a device, information stored only in iCloud for that feature is no longer available on the device. If you turn off Mail, Contacts, Calendars, Notes, Reminders, iCloud Photo Library, or iCloud Drive on just one device, you can still view and change your information on iCloud.com and on another device you have set up for that feature.

In some cases when you turn off an iCloud feature on a device, you can choose to keep a copy of the feature’s information on that device. The copied information isn’t kept in sync with iCloud. If you turn off Mail, Contacts, Calendars, and Tasks in iCloud for Windows on a Windows computer, information stored in iCloud remains available in Microsoft Outlook, but it isn’t kept up to date with your other devices.

Before turning off a particular feature on all your devices, or before turning off iCloud completely, you can archive a copy of your iCloud data on your computer. For more information, see the Apple Support article Archive or make copies of your iCloud data.

Turn iCloud features on or off

Depending on which device’s settings you want to change, do one or more of the following:

On your iOS device: Go to Settings > iCloud, then tap to turn on or off iCloud features.

User uploaded file

On your Mac: Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, click iCloud, then select or deselect each feature.

User uploaded file

Some features aren’t available or are listed differently in earlier OS X versions.

On your Windows computer: Open iCloud for Windows, then select or deselect each feature. To make your changes take effect, click Apply.

User uploaded file

• Some features aren’t available on your Windows computer, or are listed differently, depending on whether your computer has Microsoft Outlook 2007 or later installed.

Outlook installed: You use iCloud Mail, Contacts, Calendars, and Tasks in Outlook. Note that iCloud reminders are called tasks in Outlook. If you turn off Mail, Contacts, Calendars, and Tasks, the iCloud information remains available in Microsoft Outlook, but it isn’t kept in sync with iCloud.

Outlook not installed: You can use iCloud Mail, Contacts, Calendars, and Reminders in your web browser on iCloud.com.

• If you select Bookmarks, and your computer has Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox installed, you can click Options to select the Windows browsers whose bookmarks you want to keep up to date with bookmarks in Safari on your iOS devices and Mac computers set up for iCloud Safari. For information about browsers supported by iCloud for Windows, see the Apple Support article System requirements for iCloud.

Turn off iCloud completely

Depending on whether you want to stop using iCloud on all or only some devices, do one or more of the following:

On your iOS device: Go to Settings > iCloud, then at the bottom of the screen, tap Sign Out (Delete Account in iOS 7 and earlier).

Note: If you sign out of iCloud (or delete your iCloud account), iCloud no longer backs up your iOS data. You can still back up your device in iTunes. For more information, open iTunes, then choose iTunes > Help.

On your Mac: Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, click iCloud, then click Sign Out.

On your Windows computer: Open iCloud for Windows, then click Sign out.

Note: If you turned on automatic download of music, app, or book purchases (in iTunes preferences or in Settings on your iOS device), your iTunes purchases are still downloaded to your devices.

Last Modified: Oct 9, 2015​​

Take care,

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.