Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

contacting Apple Support

I have tried to contact Apple Support via my desktop iMac (to discuss an iPhone problem), but it tells me I cannot because of "Unsupported Browser

We recommend the latest version of Safari....."

I am running OS X 10.4.11 and Safari 4.1.3 on an old Imac PowerPC G5.

Software Update tells me my software is up to date, and I have used it recently to talk to Apple Support. Indeed, I am using it now to submit this Post! So, I know it works.

Does anyone know how I can talk to Apple online using their own hardware and software?

iMac G5 (17-inch iSight), Mac OS X (10.4)

Posted on Jan 27, 2016 9:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 1, 2016 4:16 AM

you need > TenFourFox: A fork of Mozilla Firefox ESR 38 for the Power Macintosh and Mac OS X Tiger PowerPC

it will import all your Safari stuff

6 replies

Feb 1, 2016 4:27 AM in response to Limnos

Yes, I know it's old, I am looking for a newer computer.

But it does raise the question why have Apple stopped supporting their own browser for some of their own website features?

Loss of support for older software seems to put Apple in the same league as Microsoft!

For now I will try a third party browser.

contacting Apple Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.