Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple id in app store different than in settings

I Changed my apple id. In my settings my icloud and itune apple id is the same. When i tried updating one of my apps with the app store it asked for a password for my old apple id. Help *** is going on. I sign out signed back in. Checked my account online. Everything is ok. Just can't update my apps.

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Jan 27, 2016 11:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 27, 2016 11:27 AM

from Change your Apple ID - Apple Support

Follow these steps to change the email address that you use as your Apple ID.

1. Sign out of iCloud, the iTunes & App store, FaceTime, Find My Friends, Find My iPhone, and iMessage on each device that uses your Apple ID.
  2. Sign in to your Apple ID account page.
  3. In the Account section, click Edit > Change Email Address.
  4. Enter the email address you want to use as your Apple ID. A verification code will be sent to your new email address.
  5. Enter the verification code from the email into the fields provided and start using your updated Apple ID. Didn't get the email?

You can change your Apple ID to any other email address you control, as long as it's not already in use as an Apple ID. If your email address ends with @icloud.com, @me.com, or @mac.com, you can't change your Apple ID and you won't see Change Email Address on your account page.

... MORE

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 27, 2016 11:27 AM in response to muskegoil

from Change your Apple ID - Apple Support

Follow these steps to change the email address that you use as your Apple ID.

1. Sign out of iCloud, the iTunes & App store, FaceTime, Find My Friends, Find My iPhone, and iMessage on each device that uses your Apple ID.
  2. Sign in to your Apple ID account page.
  3. In the Account section, click Edit > Change Email Address.
  4. Enter the email address you want to use as your Apple ID. A verification code will be sent to your new email address.
  5. Enter the verification code from the email into the fields provided and start using your updated Apple ID. Didn't get the email?

You can change your Apple ID to any other email address you control, as long as it's not already in use as an Apple ID. If your email address ends with @icloud.com, @me.com, or @mac.com, you can't change your Apple ID and you won't see Change Email Address on your account page.

... MORE

Apple id in app store different than in settings

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.