Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I create a photo book using Photos app on an iPad mini?

I know how to create a photo book using the Photos app on a MacBook Pro.

I want to know if a photo book can be created using the Photos app on my iPad mini. If so, how do I do it?

iPad Mini, iOS 9.2

Posted on Jan 27, 2016 10:50 AM

7 replies

Aug 9, 2017 12:56 PM in response to imawa

I have the same problem with my iPad Pro. There is no "project" button. No "new photo book" button. Nothing! There are some instructions on the knowledge base from back in 2013 about how to create a photo book on a regular ipad, but they talk about options that do not exist on my "photos" app and not on my "iCloud photo sharing" app either. What gives?

Jan 28, 2016 12:33 PM in response to jeffd55

Hello jeffd55,

Thank you for your response to my inquiry.

Unfortunately, I am unable to follow the instructions in the referenced article because I can NOT find a button for New Photo Book.

Please note: I am using Photos (not iPhoto) and an iPad Mini (iOS 9.2). After selecting my photo and clicking on User uploaded file, I am given the choices of AirDrop; Mail, iCloud Photo Sharing, Notes, Facebook, Flickr, Twitter, Save PDF to iBooks, More [same choices are repeated]; Copy, Print, Slideshow, Hide, Assign to Contact, Use as Wallpaper, More [same choices are repeated].

I have in the past created books with iPhoto on my MacBook Pro, so I do know how the process should proceed.

Any further assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Feb 9, 2016 2:30 PM in response to jeffd55

Hello jeffd55,

Again thank you for responding.

I visited an Apple Store where I was told that, when using an iPad, the Photos app does not support the printing of books. It was suggested that I use Shutterfly (very unsatisfactory as far as I am concerned). 😠

I hope Apple will introduce this feature to the iPad in an update.

Best wishes.

How can I create a photo book using Photos app on an iPad mini?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.