Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Foto monitor

Hello,

I have been searching an external monitor, 24-25 ", for my Mac Book Pro, early 2011 with a Thunderbolt connection. I´m a little bit confused with the different connections. Dell has an interesting modell, U 2515 H which has a suitable screen size and a very good resolution, perfect for my needs. It has following connection possibilities:

2 HDMI (MHL) connector

1 Mini DisplayPort

1 DisplayPort (version 1.2)

1 DisplayPort out (MST)

I suppose that in my case connecting directly to mini display port should be possible into Mac Book, am I right? I have read of different kind of problems with external monitors; flickering, problems with wakening and sleep mode etc. Do I have to be fear of facing these kind of problems with Dell monitor?

Best regards,

Risto

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Jan 27, 2016 12:32 PM

3 replies

Jan 28, 2016 11:50 AM in response to ripaja

Hi ripaja,

It sounds like you are wanting to know if you can use this particular model monitor with mini display port with your early 2011 MacBook Pro. According to the following article that should work, since you can plug a mini display monitor into a thunderbolt port, but not the other way around:

1. Can I connect a Mini DisplayPort monitor or monitor using a Mini DisplayPort adapter to a Thunderbolt port on my Thunderbolt-equipped Mac?

Yes. A Mini DisplayPort display or a display connecting with a Mini DisplayPort to VGA, DVI, or HDMI adapter will work just like it was connecting to a Mini DisplayPort connector when plugging in directly to the Thunderbolt connector on your Apple computer. Get more information on Mini DisplayPort connections and adapters.

From: Thunderbolt ports and displays: Frequently asked questions (FAQ)

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Foto monitor

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.