Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have three questions: 1) can I play the shuffle through my car stereo system? 2) can I download music from Amazon? 3) can I use the a/c plug that came with my Kindle to charge form an a/c outlet?

1) can I play my shuffle through my ca stereo?

2) can I download music from Amazon?

3) can I use the a/c plug that came with my Kindle to charge the shuffle from an a/c outlet?

iMac (21.5-inch Late 2009), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Jan 27, 2016 1:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 30, 2016 11:08 AM

1) You'll need to check your car stereo system's documentation for supported devices, for compatibility with the USB port on car stereo system. If the car has a "auxiliary audio input" (a mini stereo jack - looks like headphones jack), you can connect the shuffle (or any device) there and "play through" from the shuffle.

2) Music from Amazon is in regular MP3 format. MP3 works with iTunes; you can add MP3 files to iTunes from any source. Once in iTunes, you can sync MP3 song files to the shuffle, in the same way as AAC song files from iTunes Store. There is no difference. NOTE: Amazon has a Mac app for adds purchased songs directly into iTunes library.

3) Maybe, if it supplies sufficient power, and it has a standard USB port on it. Recommend you use USB port on computer or an Apple power adapter.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 30, 2016 11:08 AM in response to joshuatree1962

1) You'll need to check your car stereo system's documentation for supported devices, for compatibility with the USB port on car stereo system. If the car has a "auxiliary audio input" (a mini stereo jack - looks like headphones jack), you can connect the shuffle (or any device) there and "play through" from the shuffle.

2) Music from Amazon is in regular MP3 format. MP3 works with iTunes; you can add MP3 files to iTunes from any source. Once in iTunes, you can sync MP3 song files to the shuffle, in the same way as AAC song files from iTunes Store. There is no difference. NOTE: Amazon has a Mac app for adds purchased songs directly into iTunes library.

3) Maybe, if it supplies sufficient power, and it has a standard USB port on it. Recommend you use USB port on computer or an Apple power adapter.

I have three questions: 1) can I play the shuffle through my car stereo system? 2) can I download music from Amazon? 3) can I use the a/c plug that came with my Kindle to charge form an a/c outlet?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.