Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPlay only with speaker

I Used already AirPlay and it was working fine. Now, when connecting, only speaker logo is appearing. Not the TV screnn, so I cannot mirror my movie but only the sound. What can I do?

I Already rest all settings. When I want to update software, it tells me unsuccessful update, try later.

Thanks

iPad Air, iOS 9.2.1, Apple tv

Posted on Jan 27, 2016 2:16 PM

1 reply

Jan 28, 2016 12:31 PM in response to Jeanlucdevuyst1

Hello there, Jeanlucdevuyst1.

It sounds like you're having issues being able to AirPlay from your iPad to your television. The following Knowledge Base article offers up some great recommendations for troubleshooting:

Get help with AirPlay and AirPlay Mirroring on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Before you begin

• Check that you have the latest software on your iOS device and Apple TV.
  • Make sure that you're streaming content from your iOS device to a television connected to an Apple TV, or to an AirPlay enabled speaker or receiver. You can't use AirPlay to stream content from your iOS device to another iOS device or to a Mac.
User uploaded file User uploaded file

If you don't see AirPlay in Control Center

When an AirPlay-enabled device is available, you'll see AirPlay in Control Center on your iOS device. If you don't see it, try these steps:
  1. Restart your iOS device and Apple TV.
  2. On your iOS device, go to Settings > Wi-Fi and check that you're on the same Wi-Fi network as your Apple TV.
  3. On your Apple TV (4th generation), go to Settings > Network and check that you're on the same Wi-Fi network as your iOS device. For Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation), go to Settings > General > Network. If your Apple TV uses an Ethernet connection, check that the cable is plugged in to the router that you're using for Wi-Fi.
  4. On your Apple TV, make sure that AirPlay is turned on in Settings > AirPlay.
  5. If you still need help, contact Apple Support.
User uploaded file

If you don't see the device you want to stream to

When you tap AirPlay on your iOS device, you should see a list of devices that you can stream content to. If you don't see the device you're looking for, follow these steps. After each step, try again:
  1. Make sure that the device you want to stream to is plugged in and powered on.
  2. On your Apple TV, make sure that AirPlay is turned on in Settings > AirPlay.
  3. On your iOS device, go to Settings > Wi-Fi and check that you're on the same Wi-Fi network as your Apple TV.
  4. On your Apple TV (4th generation), go to Settings > Network and check that you're on the same Wi-Fi network as your iOS device. For Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation), go to Settings > General > Network. If your Apple TV uses an Ethernet connection, check that the cable is plugged in to the router that you're using for Wi-Fi.
  5. If you’re using an iPad, scroll up and down in the device list to see all of the available devices.
    User uploaded file
  6. If you still need help, contact Apple Support.
User uploaded file

If you can't stream iTunes Store or third-party content

• To stream iTunes Store content, your Apple TV needs an Internet connection. Check your connection and try again.
  • Check the app's product page or website to see if the app supports AirPlay. Without support for AirPlay video playback, an app might not be able to stream video.

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities.

Cheers.

AirPlay only with speaker

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.