Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to use a superdrive on a windows 10 pc

How can I install drivers on a windows 10 pc. I have tried bootcamp but cannot get the right one

usb superdrive-OTHER, Windows 10, use on windows 10 pc

Posted on Jan 27, 2016 5:39 PM

12 replies

Jan 29, 2016 7:55 AM in response to JtheK

JtheK wrote:

Here is Apple's page on using Windows 10 with Boot Camp: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204990 You'll need to have at least Yosemite installed. The page also has a list of supported models further down the page, check that your machine is on the list.

The OP is not trying to use Windows 10 with Boot Camp. The OP is trying to use a super drive on their Windows 10 computer. To do so they must download the correct super drive driver which is available in the Boot Camp support software.

Jan 29, 2016 4:25 PM in response to JtheK

JtheK wrote:

Correct. And in order to download the correct super drive driver, they must be using the Boot Camp drivers that come with Yosemite or better, and they must have one of the supported models on the page to which I linked.

They don't have a Mac computer they have a Windows computer. There are no Windows computers on the list nor do Windows computers run Yosemite or any other OSX operating system. As already discussed they need the boot camp drivers for Windows 10 downloaded and installed directly to the Windows computer. There is no "Yosemite or better "installed.

Jan 29, 2016 4:57 PM in response to BobTheFisherman

I'm writing this on a "Vista" computer. Except it's actually a Mac Pro tower with Vista and Windows XP installed via Bootcamp. The operating system that a user states is not necessarily connected to the hardware they use, and not all users are as technically adept as you at distinguishing the difference between an operating system and a hardware platform. Keep your pants on and let's wait to here from the OP with their feedback.

how to use a superdrive on a windows 10 pc

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.