Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Not able to add new video

I have been tring to add new video files to iTunes and it freezes. My iTunes library is at 16.2TB. I have had to restart my system or force quit iTunes and restart the Drobo that has my library. I have room on the Drobo for 8TB more but every thing I put on crashes iTunes. This has been going on for about a week. Anyone have any ideas of a fix????

Mac Pro, OS X El Capitan (10.11), mid 2012 5.1

Posted on Jan 27, 2016 6:13 PM

1 reply

Feb 7, 2016 5:32 PM in response to Jens24

This is still happening. I was hoping that rebuilding iTunes would help me. It did not. Do know if iTunes has a limit on video files? I have (on an external Drobo) 16.2 TB of music, movies and TV shows. That is 35,326 songs in music, 2,390 Movies and 19,568 in TV shows. I have been trying to add TV shows but a couple enter in (or appear to) and then iTunes locks up and locks up the Drobo. I need to shut down the Drobo an then restart it and then restart iTunes. I have re-installed iTunes and then re-built the library but nothing works! Any ideas? Or is it just too much for iTunes??

Not able to add new video

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.