Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does my podcast time say December 31st, 2000?

This is a podcast creator type question, Why does my podcast time say December 31st, 2000?User uploaded file

Posted on Jan 27, 2016 6:28 PM

2 replies

Jan 28, 2016 2:08 PM in response to Thomas Miller-5

Hi Thomas,

From the screenshot, it appears this particular podcast was released on New Year's Eve, 2000. The podcast creator can verify.

Podcasts app for iOS: Browsing and searching

If you see a podcast that looks interesting, simply tap on it. When you're viewing podcasts from Featured or from Search, you'll see:

• Podcast details and description
  • A list of episodes and their length.
  • Subscriber reviews
  • Related podcasts.

User uploaded file

Cheers,

Feb 2, 2016 11:59 AM in response to Thomas Miller-5

I had this problem with my own podcast. All of the episodes said they were from December 31, 2000 and new ones would not automatically download.

While looking through the code, I noticed that two <item>s had the same <guid> URL. After correcting this issue, dates on all episodes were corrected.

(Incidentally, one of the two items with the same guid was not showing up in the listing, so you may want to look for any missing episodes as a clue to where code errors might be lurking.)

Why does my podcast time say December 31st, 2000?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.