Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Control Airplay Volume via remote

Hi,

I recently upgraded to Apple TV 4 and was wondering if I could control the volume of a speaker connected to my Airport Express (Airplay) via Apple TV remote.

I was able to control this volume in Apple TV 3 using the bluetooth keyboard, however I am not being able to do the same in ATV 4 via remote or bluetooth keyboard.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks.

Apple TV, tvOS 9.1.1

Posted on Jan 27, 2016 7:11 PM

6 replies

Jan 28, 2016 6:27 AM in response to -emc^2-

Intrestingly, when Airport is selected as the audio out, the line level can be adjusted in a menu option which appears (only when airport is selected) just below audio output called volume.

However, the remote does not seem to be able to be programmed to adjust this level while listening to media to act as a volume.

I take it from your post your speaker system does not have an IR remote which could be used to program the ATV remote to adjust the speaker output?

Jan 28, 2016 4:07 PM in response to Vinceassociate

Yes, precisely my issue.

I was hoping that with the new apple tv I would be able to control the Airport Speaker volume with remote. However I realized that it does not even let me control the volume while watching the video even with the bluetooth keyboard now (which it did earlier).

My speaker does not have IR. Having that volume control only in settings is a downgrade from ATV3 where you could have atleast changed it while watching a video and without having to go to settings screen.

Control Airplay Volume via remote

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.