Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does anyone has the same issue of updating your phone and getting error 53 just to realise you have to change a new phone ?! Isn't this just ridiculous?

Does anyone has the same issue of updating your phone and getting error 53 just to realise you have to change a new phone ?! Isn't this just ridiculous?

I was using the IPhone 6 when i finally took some time out to update the phone to the latest version. But lo and behold, while i was updating, the phone just stopped halfway and couldn't update itself no matter what I did to it. I tried to force restart it but I couldn't. I tried many many times with different methods (trust me whatever you can think of, I have already done it). Even after scheduling a call with the customer service (of which it did not help at all but telling me to repeat the same things), nothing could be done.

The only information I got was to head down to an authorised IPhone retailer at Plaza Singapura and seek help there. When I rushed down, it was then I realised I had to pay for a new phone replacement because there was a hard ware problem?

Are you kidding me? There am I trying to update my phone and all I got was a reply saying it was a hardware problem caused by me and I DID NOT read the user agreement properly. Wow. I was told Apple has protected its own *** by coming up with a clause in its end user agreement which probably most if not all do not read thoroughly. So apparently if your phone has so called "hardware issues", you will get stuck with this issue where your phone becomes virtually worthless and you have no choice but to get a new replacement for $550. ***. Good sales technique in getting people to buy a new iPhone product. I was intending to get a new iPhone 7 when my contract ends but thinking of how unethical Apple can get, I'll probably rethink.

iPhone 6

Posted on Jan 28, 2016 12:06 AM

1 reply

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.