Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I bought a iBook pro with OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.8 and iPhoto .1.2. Now I updated my system software to OS X El Capitan 10.11.3 with the result that my iPhoto is blockt as it is not compatible. How can I retrieve my iPhoto?

Good day everybody! I bought a iBook pro, 2010, with OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.8 and iPhoto 8.1.2. After upgrading to the OS X El Capitan 10.11.3 my iPhoto was blockt (negativ Parking sign) as is not compatible. How can I retrieve my slide shows which are on the iPhoto into the new system?

Thanks for your advice. haasdas

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jan 28, 2016 2:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2016 7:40 AM

Open the new Photos app (it has replaced iPhoto) and it will rebuild your old library.

I don't know if it can use your old slide shows.

2 replies

I bought a iBook pro with OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.8 and iPhoto .1.2. Now I updated my system software to OS X El Capitan 10.11.3 with the result that my iPhoto is blockt as it is not compatible. How can I retrieve my iPhoto?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.