Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

El Capitan recognises application as PowerPC

Hi all,

I have built and successfully run an application on OSX 10.11. Then I decided to create a bundle for the app and launched it successfully as well. Then I moved the bundle to the Applications folder and it did not start anymore displaying the popup:

'You can’t open the application “CodeBlocks” because PowerPC applications are no longer supported'

Obviously this isn't a PowerPC application. Renaming the app, copying it to other locations restarting the mac did not solve the issue.

What is happening?

MacBook Air (13-inch Mid 2011), OS X El Capitan (10.11.3)

Posted on Jan 28, 2016 4:23 AM

5 replies

Jan 28, 2016 7:39 PM in response to warpino

This is very weird... To be correct, the app compiles, and runs fine on 10.11.3 straight from Xcode? If so, make sure that your project's deployment target is set to at least OS X 10.6, and maybe 10.7 if you really want to be safe. Then try running the app independently of Xcode, and see if that works. Otherwise, I would just remove all copies of your app from any directory that's not Xcode's debug folder, and try compiling and creating the bundle again. Good luck!

El Capitan recognises application as PowerPC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.