Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

when I try to search the internet iphone safari shuts off

Just recently, when I try and type an internet search on my iphone 6, the screen reverts back to front page. It won't allow me to search with safari? Any help out there?

iPhone 6, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Jan 28, 2016 4:49 AM

1 reply

Jan 29, 2016 9:44 AM in response to rwporterjr

Hello there, rwporterjr.

It sounds like you're having performance issues with Safari, including that the app quits unexpectedly. The following Knowledge Base article offers up some great applicable steps to try when having issues with any application performing unexpectedly:

If an app you installed unexpectedly quits, stops responding, or won’t open

Restart the app

Close the app and open it again.

Restart your device

Turn your device off and back on.

Check for iOS and app updates

Make sure that you're using latest version of iOS.

Additionally you can also clear Safari history and cache by using the information found in this article:

Safari web settings on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Clear information from your device

To clear your history and cookies from Safari in iOS 8 or later, tap Settings > Safari > Clear History and Website Data. In iOS 7 or earlier, tap Clear History and tap Clear Cookies and Data.

{...}

Clearing your history, cookies, and browsing data from Safari won't change your AutoFill information.

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities.

Cheers.

when I try to search the internet iphone safari shuts off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.