Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Notes App: Text Gets Cutoff at The Edge of Screen?

Hi all, I'm using an iPad Mini 3 here.

I don't think I ever had this issue when I was running iOS 8. I think I first noticed this problem after I upgraded to iOS 9.

The text on the far edge of the right side of the screen doesn't display the final two or three characters on the line.

I don't have this problem when I use other apps like Evernote. It only happens in the Apple Notes app.

Thank you for any help!

Posted on Jan 28, 2016 4:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 29, 2016 9:42 AM

Hello NewbMacUser,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. I understand that text isn't properly displaying in the Notes app on your iPhone. To help troubleshoot this issue I'd like you to please force the Notes app to quit and then restart your iPad.

iOS: Force an app to close

Turn your iOS device off and on (restart) and reset

Take care.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 29, 2016 9:42 AM in response to NewbMacUser

Hello NewbMacUser,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. I understand that text isn't properly displaying in the Notes app on your iPhone. To help troubleshoot this issue I'd like you to please force the Notes app to quit and then restart your iPad.

iOS: Force an app to close

Turn your iOS device off and on (restart) and reset

Take care.

Feb 4, 2016 6:07 AM in response to NewbMacUser

Hi,

Is the screen zoomed in? Pinch out to zoom out of the note.

Pinch open on a photo, webpage, or map for a close-up—then pinch closed to zoom back out. In Photos, keep pinching to see the collection or album the photo’s in.

User uploaded file

Or double-tap a photo or webpage to zoom in, then double-tap again to zoom out. In Maps, double-tap to zoom in, then tap once with two fingers to zoom out.

Zoom in or out

Cheers.

Jun 5, 2016 3:08 AM in response to NewbMacUser

Hello there!

Try copy/pasting your notes from your email notes over to your iCloud notes. Selecting all of your typed text and copying it to your clipboard, then select the "<" in the upper left-hand corner of the opening Notes App screen, where it has " < Notes Edit " at the top.

Once you have a new, blank iCloud Note open, paste the text from clipboard and you should now see your notes in their entirety on your iPad without margin cutoff.

I ran into this same problem and it was shortly before using Notes to give a 30 minute presentation. Ugh.

Hope this is of some help to you

Apple Notes App: Text Gets Cutoff at The Edge of Screen?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.