Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Access to photos and camera

How to let an access for photos and camera for app.

Settings don't help. There is no buttom to let app get access to photos and camera in settings.

iPhone 5, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Jan 28, 2016 6:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2016 6:15 AM

In settings - privacy - there are options for both your camera and photos.

Generally when an app needs to access your photos or camera a banner will display allowing you to give or deny the app access. These settings can always be changed later in your privacy settings as mentioned above.

5 replies

Feb 3, 2016 10:23 AM in response to Crackbot

I have the same problem having installed iOS 9.2.1 using Panasonic Image App.

It will not transfer images to Photos and shows the Banner ' check Photos>Privacy',

I checked it and sure enough, Image App is not listed as having access.

Apple Support says that when an App first runs it is supposed to ask permission.

I've deleted and reloaded the App but it still do not get the Banner requesting Access.

This all worked OK in iOS 9. Panasonic web site is no help.

Any suggestions?

Feb 14, 2016 11:05 PM in response to davidmeols

it's generally considered bad form to hijack someones post. You should start a new discussion detailing the specifics of your situation. In regards to your question - have you gone into settings and tried allowing access manually? Go to Settings - privacy - photos to see if the app shows up at all and whether or not you can toggle photo access on and off. If the app doesn't show up to begin with and its not requesting access when you launch it then it might not be compatible.

Access to photos and camera

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.