Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Scrolling Issue after downloading 9.2.1

I recently downloaded the new update (9.2.1) for the OS. Since then, I have had an issue with scrolling on the iPhone 5S. It doesn't seem to be app specific, but I have had issues within Twitter & Facebook. The problem presents itself when I am just scrolling through the feed. The app takes off on its own - the feed will rapidly scroll back up to the top (this is with me not touching the top of the screen), things get clicked on without me clicking on them, and overall is just out of control. It's even presented itself on just the main screen.

I'm not sure what happened, but I know it wasn't until I did the last update that I had this issue. I have uninstalled and reinstalled apps without this fixing the solution.

Any help is appreciated!

Jolynn

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Jan 28, 2016 6:36 AM

1 reply

Jan 29, 2016 12:36 PM in response to JDSRGS

Hello there, Jolynn.

It sounds like you're seeing some unexpected behavior since your last update on your iPhone. Good job so far with the troubleshooting you have done. The following Knowledge Base article offers up some other steps you may want to look over:

If an app you installed unexpectedly quits, stops responding, or won’t open

Restart the app

Close the app and open it again.

Restart your device

Turn your device off and back on.

Check for iOS and app updates

1. Make sure that you're using latest version of iOS.
  2. Open the App Store and tap Updates.
  3. If updates are available, tap Update All.
  4. If asked, enter your Apple ID password.

You might need a Wi-Fi connection to update some apps.

{...}

Contact the app developer

If you see this issue again, contact the app developer for help:

1. Find the app in the App Store.
  2. Tap the app, then tap Reviews.
  3. Underneath App Store Customer Reviews, tap App Support.
    User uploaded file

If the issue is occurring in iOS applications as well, then you may want to look at restoring your iPhone using the information found here:

Use iTunes to restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings

Thanks for participating in Apple Support Communities.

Kind Regards.

Scrolling Issue after downloading 9.2.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.