Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

passcode changed itself!!!

I always use a 4 number password on my 6plus. all of sudden it happened, the passcode become 6 number one afternoon when I use (5mins before it still OK, 5 min later become 6number). I never change it, and no one else did it (it`s with me,and no one know my passcode). I have no idea what is the 6 number passcode. I can only use touch id to login.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Jan 28, 2016 6:35 AM

14 replies

Feb 9, 2016 12:42 PM in response to heatherW2015

yup, I did the update. Since I can still login with touch ID, so I backup my iPhone with iTunes. Then erase the phone, and restore all the data. It`s so wired, but once I restored with the new iOS, I find it can't set a 4 digit passcode anymore. Only "6 digit passcode" or "number plus letter" passcode, no more 4 digit passcode. I guess it`s because the new iOS.

Feb 11, 2016 4:36 AM in response to Philly_Phan

I know how to set the passcode, but just no 4-digit passcode option.

There is only one option when selecting "passcode options" either "custom alphanumeric code" or "custom number code" . Neither of them allow a 4-digit code, I tried, then showed "the passcode must be longer". So no more 4-digit passcode on my phone. I guess it`s a bug, all of a sudden 4-digit code disappeared on my iPhone, my passcode changed from my 4-digit code to some I don`t know 6-digit code. After erase everything and recover with the new iOS, there is still no more 4-digit code option.

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

passcode changed itself!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.