Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Mac loses the connection to the wireless mouse intermittently but it happens three or four times during each session on the computer. Should the mouse be replaced?

My Mac loses the connection to the wireless mouse intermittently but it happens three or four times during each session on the computer. Should the mouse be replaced?

VIN,iMac (27-inch Late 2009), OS X El Capitan (10.11.3)

Posted on Jan 28, 2016 8:18 AM

4 replies

Feb 3, 2016 3:50 PM in response to grizzly18940

i've been having the same problem. however, i have noticed in addition to my magic mouse 2 loosing connection, that my bluetooth audio receiver also stops playing music at the same time. when the mouse reconnects, the bluetooth audio comes back and i can hear it. i have reset both the PRAM and the SMC. no change. i have also run the apple hardware test (holding D on startup); it reports no problems.

i'm trying to figure out if this is a bluetooth hardware problem, or something that started with the 10.11.3 update. i'm not sure if it's the update, or if it's just a coincidence i started noticing this more at the same time.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.