You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

bass recording from a Line 6 Bass Pod

Greetings,

first time trying to record into GB3 from my bass. I have the signal running from my bass into a pre-amp called a bass pod. The signal then runs from an output to the line-in input on my macbook pro. I can detect signal, albeit at a very modest gain, and there are significant latency effects. Moreover, the sound coming out of the speakers is rather distorted. I assume that the latter of these problems is due to the fact that I am reaching the limit of the factory speakers. any suggestions about the other problems? I have my bass and pre-amp maxed.

thanks
cory

macbook pro Mac OS X (10.4.8)

Posted on Nov 22, 2006 4:58 PM

3 replies

Nov 23, 2006 6:56 AM in response to elcoriatzi

If you're running to a line-in on your Mac, what's the output level from the Pod? Is it also line level, or is it hi-z or something? Is it switchable? I'm no expert, but there could be some issues with level matching here.

Is there another output option on the Pod? Like, can you run out via USB or something into your Mac's USB port, and then configure that as your audio input on the Mac for GB? I'm not quite sure what the output options from the Bass Pod are ....

Cheers,
Carl

Nov 23, 2006 8:30 AM in response to elcoriatzi

I'm coming out of a podxt.
I run into the line-in and choose real instrument, of course, and make sure I have chosen no effect on the choice of instrument in the track info box.

I want my tones from the pod going in with no help from the GB effects plug ins.

It's possible that your doubling the effect of your bass pod with GB's effects. That's what it did to my XT.

bass recording from a Line 6 Bass Pod

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.