Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

screen saver not working

hi there i have a mac book pro running the latest os el capitan 10.11.3 i have just noticed that my screen saver is not working, i have ensured that i have selected a screen saver from preferences, but when the time currently set to 1 min passes the screen saver will not work, i have managed to create hot corners to activate it. And that is working but why is my screen saver not activating like it once did? any help on this is appriciated i would prefer it to automatically come alive like it once did not to have to manually activate it.

tim

:-)

Posted on Jan 28, 2016 8:08 AM

2 replies

Jan 28, 2016 1:13 PM in response to timski08

Please launch the built-in Activity Monitor application and select the Energy tab. Select

View All Processes

from the menu bar, if it's not already selected. Also select

View Columns Preventing Sleep (or Power Assertion)

Click the heading of the Preventing Sleep column to sort the process table. Which processes, if any, show Yes in that column?

screen saver not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.