Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is new iTunes 12.3.2 ok?

I am one of those El Capitan users who were unable to use iTunes 12.3.1. Does iTunes 12.3.2 eliminate those problems, or is it as bad as its predecessor? Is it safe to upgrade?

Mac Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5), MacPro 5,1, with 2.8GHz quad-core

Posted on Jan 28, 2016 1:06 PM

20 replies

Jan 28, 2016 1:24 PM in response to scoogy2

scoogy2 wrote:

iTunes 12.3.1 was incredibly slow for El Capitan users. Mostly you just got a spinning beachball. Don't you remember the conversations on here about these problems? It was completely unusable.

Incorrect.

This is like walking into an emergency room at a hospital and concluding "Wow, the whole world has nothing but very sick people!!"

My iTunes 12.3.1 (and 12.3.2) worked/works just fine.

Jan 28, 2016 1:33 PM in response to sberman

Well I guess I'm going to have to scroll back through months of posts to find the one that neither of you "problem solvers" managed to see. It was a HUGE post, with page after page of people saying they had the same problem and some kind souls telling us how to remove 12.3.1 and go back to the previous version, which still works ok. You two are rude and ignorant!

Jan 28, 2016 2:01 PM in response to scoogy2

There are complaints about each and every software version for almost every device and company.

There are rarely wide spread systemic issues.

I, nor anyone I personally know, has ever had an issue with a software update.

The point is, they are all o.k..

A very small percentage of people have an issue with every update on every platform with every company. Of that small percentage, most issues are self inflicted.

The odds of having a problem are very small.

Jan 28, 2016 2:09 PM in response to scoogy2

Hi ,

I understand your concerns. Sadly most software will have problems one time or another. Apple listens and learns from people like us on these sites. What may be a problem for me, may never happen to others, as they don't use iTunes in the same way I do.

That being said, iTunes still has a few glitches but hopefully they will be ironed out in the next update. The main annoyance for me is sorting out artist that go astray. There isn't a problem in that area that has beat me yet.

Give the new iTunes a go.. Any problems, let us know. We are on here to help, be polite and care.

Jan 31, 2016 12:42 PM in response to scoogy2

I am here to say I totally agree with scoogy2 - iTunes 12.3.1 was a huge mess for many of use users. It was soooooo slow in going from one task to another. The spinning "beachball" is all we saw after upgrading to El Capitan and iTunes 12.3.1. So don't give us that it was user problems. I have also not upgraded to the newest versions of either - until I'm convinced the problems are addressed.

Is new iTunes 12.3.2 ok?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.