Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV 2 AirPlay & iTunes Connectivity

I have an Apple TV 2 connected to my home wifi network - the same network that all of my other apple devices and macbook are connected to. There is an average 17mbps wifi where the ATV is and the signal strength says very good on the ATV settings.

Despite everything looking good my devices have stopped seeing the ATV on AirPlay and the ATV cannot access the iTunes server. I have tried rebooting, resetting and restoring the ATV, but no joy.

I have another ATV and airport express which I can connect to without problem. I just can't find a reason for this one not being visible and not being able to access iTunes. It has worked in the past and nothing has changed in my home network set up.

Can anyone offer useful suggestions?

Apple TV

Posted on Jan 28, 2016 2:26 PM

1 reply

Jan 28, 2016 2:40 PM in response to Apple_Fan_1

The following article(s) may help you.

Troubleshooting Home Sharing

Security Software Issues

Troubleshooting Wi-Fi networks and connections

Recommended Wi-Fi settings

Wifi Diagnostic Software (for Mac users)

You may also find some help on this page, where I’ve collected some of the more unusual solutions to network issues.

When making adjustments to your network for better optimisation, you may find some of the points mentioned on this page helpful.

Apple TV 2 AirPlay & iTunes Connectivity

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.