Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I delete a duplicate cloud directory from contacts

How can a delete a duplicate directory from contact? I have two identical iCloud directories that the system generated.

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Jan 28, 2016 7:33 PM

5 replies

Jan 28, 2016 9:55 PM in response to Deb Szwed

I would start with a hard restart... Press the Home button and Sleep/Wake buttons together for 6-10 seconds until you see the Apple logo.

Then if that does not resolve it, try Settings > General > Rest . Reset All Settings. This will remove but not delete any custom photos on your home screen, remove your wifi password and any "remember me's" you may have used in Safari.

Jan 29, 2016 5:23 AM in response to Deb Szwed

Log in to iCloud on its website: https://www.icloud.com/#contacts. Determine if all Contacts are present and what you expect.

Then: back up your Contacts by choosing All Contacts, then File > Export > Contacts Archive... Choose a convenient location for the archive.

Then, select the redundant iCloud entry and press the Delete key. Does that work?

Are you still using OS X 10.7 "Lion"?

How can I delete a duplicate cloud directory from contacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.