Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Empty inbox on iPhone using Yahoo mail. Why?

This problem occurred in the last 24 hours. All iPhone software is up to date. No new mails are coming through to my iPhone or iPad, but all mail exists directly in Yahoo mail via the web. I have deleted mail and re-loaded it, I have restarted the iPhone. I have checked the settings and everything looks fine. What has changed in the last 24 hours?

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Jan 28, 2016 8:03 PM

25 replies

Jan 28, 2016 8:45 PM in response to deggie

Yes. They performed an a "quick fix check" (twice) and said everything with the Yahoo mail end was fine. Interestingly though is at the same time the unread message count in Yahoo mail on the web shows 3, but those messages are nowhere to be found (with lots of searching). I installed the Yahoo mail app on my iphone and that seems to work fine, although it too shows an unread message count of 3. So i can't tell whether it is a Yahoo or an Apple issue.....or something else. Yahoo mail on my iPhone has worked without issue for a long time, until now.

Jan 29, 2016 12:44 PM in response to dnangju

Here is reply I received back from Yahoo. When a resolution comes about (hopefully)I will post it here:

Hi Yahoo User,

Thank you for contacting Yahoo Mail.

We’re sorry to have to hear from you like this, but thanks for letting us know that you're not receiving messages or seeing temporary errors.

We’ve received other reports just like yours, and our engineers are working hard to resolve this as quickly as possible.

We appreciate your patience as we work toward a fix.

Warm regards,

Yahoo Customer Care

Jan 29, 2016 7:19 PM in response to PeterPizza99

I'm having the same exact issue as you and it started the same time as your problem. I did everything you did with the same result. I will tell you this, for a brief moment this afternoon, my inbox on my iPhone for yahoo actually displayed mail. Unfortunately, it was short lived and very quickly afree the mail displayed it suddenly disappeared and said NO MAIL again. I don't get it. I even set up a new yahoo mail account and I can see those emails wth no problem on my iPhone. Also, I'm not sure if you can still send emails from yahoo on your iPhone, but I can, I just can't see any emails as it says NO MAIL. Lastly, I agree with you in that I set up my original yahoo account on my wife's iPhone and Milan and on those devices it still says NO MAIL. This really ***** because I'm like you, I've used this email for a very long time and it is the email that syncs with my online calendar. Please let me know if and when your emails display again in for yahoo mail on your iPhone and I will do the same. So frustrating, espescially when my wife uses yahoo mail on her iPhone and it's working fine. Seems like you, me and 3 other people are the only ones in the world having this issue.

Jan 29, 2016 9:27 PM in response to Pading

IT is REALLY difficult to get help...you go round and round in circles. Pretty poor service. Having said, this is my first issue in 16 years! After much searching, there were two things:

1. Quick fix tool (did nothing except told me all was fine: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/mail-for-desktop/SLN25558.html?impressions=true

2. Where I got post my question: https://io.help.yahoo.com/contact/index?y=PROD_MAIL_ML&token=w5FCchB1dWHZDkMtMbk iWd7il9jtel01g9K5MEmJQuaC7T0p%252BsafjYB…

in number 2 above, I selected "unable to receive messages" in desktop mail (yes I know, it should have been mobile mail or IOS, but I didn't get that choice) and then the next screen asked my to choose between email and community. I had already tried community without any luck, so of course I choose email. Spelled out my issue, got an automated response to say it had been received, and then received a follow up email which I copied into a previous post in this thread. If anything comes through, I will be sure to add it here.

Jan 29, 2016 9:31 PM in response to PeterPizza99

one more thing, I also use Mac mail on a Mac Mini, as well as an iPad and iPhone. All software is completely up to date, and I don't think it has anything to do with the latest IOS update. It seems to be purely a Yahoo glitch - this occurred a few days after the upgrade. And it doesn't explain the incorrect unread message count - that can only be Yahoo.

Jan 30, 2016 11:05 AM in response to PeterPizza99

I Agree 100%. It's not an iOS software update issue. It's a glitch with yahoo and somehow only a few peoples emails were affected. Ridiculous. I'm so frustrated. Please let me know if your emai reappears in you inbox on your iPhone. In researching, I found a few people this happens to last year and they said after a week or so all their emails reappeared In their yahoo mail on their iPhone. Let's cross our fingers.

Empty inbox on iPhone using Yahoo mail. Why?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.