Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

GarageBand 10

Hello everyone. I recently purchased GarageBand10 for $5. I've been using it to fine tune some tracks I've made with the same app on my phone. My issue is that sometimes, after modifying a loop on my phone the loop itself gets renamed. For example, I spent an hour figuring out that "METRO ALL" was actually the name of a loop that GB renamed "BIG ROOM" as BIG ROOM was the effect I layered on the loop itself.

Is there a simple and quick way to know what loop you are using when GB and/or the user renames it to something else?

Also, although METRO ALL is the name of the loop on my phone, it doesn't appear to be the name in GB10. I cannot locate METRO ALL anywhere on my mac.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thank you!!!

--Steve

MacBook

Posted on Jan 28, 2016 8:46 PM

4 replies

Feb 7, 2016 1:18 PM in response to ScubaSteve781

Although I'm still unsure of a way to right click on a loop and locate it within FINDER, I've otherwise resolved my issue. The reason "METRO ALL" was not showing within the loops was due to an option within preferences. Theres an option there to only show loops that Apple analyzed to make sense with the project you are working on, likely based on the key of the song.

Feb 7, 2016 1:31 PM in response to ScubaSteve781

To find a loop in the Finder

• open the top most Library Folder on your Macintosh HD.
  • Then locate the folder Audio in the Library folder.
  • Now enter "Metro" into the search field in the Finder window and click "Search Audio", like this:

User uploaded file

When I do this, I am finding Metro All.caf in the folder /Library/Audio/Apple Loops/Apple/Jam Pack Symphony Orchestra/Metro All.caf

So, on my Mac is installed as a part of the JamPack Symphony Orchestra.

Feb 7, 2016 8:19 PM in response to léonie

Thanks lèonie!

I was originally asking if GB had similar search features to Ableton and other DAWs where you can just right click on the sound and it'll show you exactly where it is in FINDER rather than simply using FINDERs search functionality.

I have METRO ALL in my "Apple Loops for GarageBand" folder...odd it would be in a different place than yours, but as long as it's there I'm happy.

Please see my response posted above your reply to clear the issue I was originally having which was knowing METRO ALL was in GB, but not being able to find in within the loops of my current project.

Thanks again!!

GarageBand 10

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.