Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FaceTime on Mac does not ring

It rings on my iPhone and iPad, but not my user on my MacBook Pro 15" Retina. It does ring with other users on the MacBook Pro 15" Retina. Go figure! Any suggestions for a fix?

iMac, OS X El Capitan (10.11)

Posted on Jan 28, 2016 8:58 PM

8 replies

Jan 28, 2016 9:07 PM in response to Bruce Kieffer

Is your Mac being used when you are getting the FaceTime calls? Or is it closed? I know on my Macbook Air, if it is open and being used at the time the call comes in, I get a Banner Notification and a sound (that is what I have set up for FaceTime in Notifications). If my Mac is closed, then if I hear the call coming in on my phone, and open my Mac, the FaceTime icon bounces, and the notification is immediately sent with the option to accept or decline. I have never had my Mac ring when I get a FaceTime call.

Not sure, but I think that is how it works?

Cheers,

GB

Jan 28, 2016 9:43 PM in response to Bruce Kieffer

So, you are not getting an Alert or a Notification sound?

Do you have an Alert sound selected under System Preferences>Sound? Is it possible that it is not a very audible sound? And are you certain that your volume is high enough to hear it? Just asking because I am in the habit of turning my sound down very low, and only turn it up when I'm actually trying to hear something (so I don't have to hear the annoying automatically launched videos that often accompany many web pages). I have the "Purr" sound selected for my notifications, and it is very subtle, so if my sound is turned down, I cannot always hear it.

Cheers,

GB

FaceTime on Mac does not ring

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.