Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes radio is not working

What's happened to iTunes Radio? I have an iTunes Match subscription, active since it's inception, and now iTunes Radio suddenly stopped working. There has been no information about any changes. Another attempt to squeeze more money from Apple loyal users? This is discussing!

PowerBook, Mac OS X (10.5.8), G4

Posted on Jan 28, 2016 11:11 PM

7 replies

Jan 29, 2016 5:26 AM in response to C.A.Lee

AApple has ended ad-supported iTunes Radio as of 1/29/16 in favor of rolling this into Apple Music. It was not widely publicized by Apple, but an email was sent out to Apple Music subscribers a few weeks ago and this has been discussed on various internet blogs and news sources. What isn't clear is what will happen with iTunes Match since one heavily touted feature was the ability to enjoy iTunes Radio ad free.

Jan 29, 2016 6:43 AM in response to callaway

The radio feature works if you subscribe to Apple Music; as I mentioned in my post, they have now rolled it into Apple Music. The stand alone feature called iTunes Radio is now gone. In fact, if you have a Gen 3 AppleTV, the icon was removed automatically this morning. The only ad-supported music feature left is the Beats1 station.

Jan 29, 2016 5:34 PM in response to C.A.Lee

As a long time mac user, it's always frustrating when apple suddenly decides that everyone needs to "move on". That user interface you liked so much? Well, it's soo last year, that we have to change it. That approach has it good and bad aspects. However, I was pretty pi$$ed when I went to launch the radio and suddenly, without my consent or warning, it was "Genius". So I took the above person's suggestion and downloaded the amazon prime music (since I am a prime customer) and now the radio functionality that I wanted is back. Thanks Marshy! No thanks to Apple to whom I was paying for music match to avoid the ads.

iTunes radio is not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.