Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Inquiry about Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac

Dear all,

I need to install Windows in order to run ArcGIS Software in my Macbook Air. I had purchased Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac and tried to install it. During installation process a pop-out appear asking activation key for Microsoft, which I do not have any.

It seems without the Microsoft activation key I can not complete Windows installation.

Any idea?

CT

MacBook Air

Posted on Jan 29, 2016 12:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 29, 2016 8:37 AM

Get an activation key. You need to buy Windows to get an activation key, and legally use it on any computer.

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/cat/categoryID.70036700?=en_US_S tore_UH_software_Win

3 replies

Feb 1, 2016 12:07 PM in response to daraclare

Windows is not free. Windows 10 is only a free upgrade if you already have Windows 7 or Windows 8 install on your computer.

You will need to buy a copy of Windows from Microsoft.

When you purchase you will be given an activation key so that you can install Windows on Parallels.

Also, FYI, I run Windows 10 using Parallels 11 on my MacBook Pro and it works great!

Inquiry about Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.