Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Typical cashback from using Recycling Program

My device is an iPad Air 1 128GB, in pristine condition upgraded to iOS 9.2.1 originally purchased in January 2014, and have been thinking about upgrading to an iPad Pro, when I saw Apple offers an recycling program. However, the cost of my original device was £450 and there does not appear to be a chart listing how much cashback I am likely to get to put towards a new device.

Before making any decisions, I would like to know what my typical cashback is based on my iPad's condition and purchase date.

iPad Air, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Jan 29, 2016 3:13 AM

1 reply

Jan 29, 2016 5:50 AM in response to Hyncharas

As I understand it, you get about 10% of the value in store credit.

You would probably be money ahead to look into Best Buy or Amazon, which will give you store credit for your device (the how much depends on the condition and model)

I've used Best Buy when I upgraded from my iPod 4th gen to 5th gen. Walked in, they checked the condition and I got $70 store credit because it was 'like new'. I used the gift card and purchased my new iPod and it all took less than half an hour.

You could also be money ahead to sell your device yourself via craig's list or other such thing. THen use the cash towards your new device.

IMHO, the apple recycling program is only good for people with dead or broken devices that are pretty much worthless otherwise. You can get more out of your device via other avenues.

If/when you sell it, be sure to give this a read so you don't accidentally sell someone a brick

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5661

Typical cashback from using Recycling Program

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.