Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get my external microphones to work properly with my MacBook Air?

I have a MacBook Air bought in fall 2014 with a 1.7 GHz processor and 8 GB of memory, using the El Capitan OS (10.11.2), and I'm trying to make a video recording using QuickTime. I'm a musician, so, for improved audio quality, I connected my AudioTechnica AT2020 microphones to my M-Audio FastTrack Pro, then connected the FastTrack Pro to my computer with its USB cable. After a short test recording, playback revealed that the audio and video didn't line up - audio was ahead of the video - and the pitch level of the music on the recording was higher. (As in, I played F, and the recording played back F#.)

Any thoughts on how I can get the audio and the video to line up and the pitch to be accurate?

MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2014), OS X El Capitan (10.11.2)

Posted on Jan 29, 2016 6:37 AM

1 reply

Jan 30, 2016 3:00 PM in response to trexesrock

Hi trexesrock,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. I'm sorry to hear you are having these issues with your external mic and your MacBook Air. If you would like to adjust or modify the settings for your audio inputs on your Mac, you may want to take a look at the options available in Audio MIDI Setup, as detailed here:

Audio MIDI Setup Help

Cheers

How do I get my external microphones to work properly with my MacBook Air?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.