Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is my post missing?

I posted a topic a couple of days ago and it is now missing:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7440473

The page says, 'Unauthorized".

Posted on Jan 29, 2016 8:01 AM

7 replies

Jan 29, 2016 10:46 AM in response to Doc.Caliban

Either your post or the one you replied to must have violated the terms of use here. If it was your post, you should have received an explanatory email from the hosts. If it was a duplicate, those are removed regularly. If it contained anything about a beta version, it will be removed as we are not allowed to discuss that here.

Feb 1, 2016 7:28 AM in response to Doc.Caliban

Ah, yeah. That was it. I never check the email address that I use for the forum, so I hadn't seen the message:

The post was removed, " ... because it contained either product feedback or feature requests."

Note to self: Asking for a fix for a basic and hugely popular feature that's fundamental functionality has been broken since its release 4 years ago is considered a "feature request". I believe the kids would say, "LOL" here. I guess that's what happens when you let your Marketing Department have a hand in running your support forums.

There is an old post that covers the same issue I mentioned, but it's not as well-defined in what the specific problem is, and hasn't been responded to for a while because of that. (It's hard to find.) In posting a more specific description of the issue, my intention was to catch the attention of other paying customers who are frustrated with the exact same broken feature.

I'll head to <every other Apple-centric forum on the Internet>.com with my "feature request" post. :-)

-Doc

Feb 1, 2016 8:47 AM in response to Doc.Caliban

Doc.Caliban wrote:

Ah, yeah. That was it. I never check the email address that I use for the forum, so I hadn't seen the message:

The post was removed, " ... because it contained either product feedback or feature requests."

Note to self: Asking for a fix for a basic and hugely popular feature that's fundamental functionality has been broken since its release 4 years ago is considered a "feature request". I believe the kids would say, "LOL" here.

This is a user forum. Apple does not necessarily read nor reply to postings here. If you have a suggestion or an enhancement request or a gripe with OS X or iOS or otherwise, please use the Contact Us link, and send it directly. Apple collects and identifies duplicate requests. Whether that happens with forum postings here or elsewhere?

Why is my post missing?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.