Related Article: If Logic Pro for Mac isn't working

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic X and Melodyne 4 not working as plug-in

I just installed Melodyne 4 and was excited to begin working with it. However, it crashes my Logic X. I can get Logic to open if I turn off Melodyne in the preferences, but it should work... this is very discouraging and I am hoping someone out there has an answer for me.

Posted on Jan 29, 2016 7:58 AM

3 replies

Feb 10, 2016 9:25 PM in response to dssluke

I contacted Celemony support for the same reason (Logic Pro X freezing upon adding an instance of Melodyne 4 plug in - spinning pizza wheel of death).

Here are excerpts from their response as of 2/8/2016:

With the latest Logic release we have indeed a problem with the new Melodyne version.

We have other user reports, that say that the beach ball appears if they are using the library, instrument or channel strip tabs. If they are not using them, Melodyne seem to work without issues.

Openning older projects, that contain Melodyne and let Logic crash on opening:

You can isolate issues with audio devices by starting Logic Pro X with no audio driver. Press and hold the Control key immediately after Logic Pro X starts to open. A dialog asking whether you wish to launch audio drivers will appear. Click "No" and see if Logic Pro X starts up normally.

Source: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT200260

After this procedure you can close all instrument, library or channel strip panes, save the song with a new name and open it again. As the problem appears only if the panes are open, this newly created song should at least work, as long as you don’t open any of the panes mentioned above.

I haven't had time to test this out myself, but I hope this helps.

Personally, I'm just waiting for the latest patch to remedy the problem.

Logic X and Melodyne 4 not working as plug-in

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.