Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Master duplication when coping a slide

We have created a theme for keynote 6.6.1 and have configured 6 master slides.

The issue is when we goto create new slides and we want to duplicate a slide, for some reason is creates a duplicate master slide. For example if I use a "Title and Text" master on slide 1, when I create 1 copy is creates a duplicate "Title and Text" master.

I have tested this on the preinstalled themes and this isn't an issue.

I have moved the masters from our theme into a "default" theme and it still does the same thing.

Am I missing something?

Posted on Jan 29, 2016 2:18 PM

5 replies

Feb 1, 2016 10:59 AM in response to Agent Source

The issue is when we goto create new slides

First when you are creating content on a slide make sure you are not in Slide Master View:

User uploaded file

If you have created a custom Theme with a custom Master Slide, when you want to add a slide to the presentation, the procedure is:

Slide > New Slide (shift command N)

If you have added content to a slide and want to duplicate that slide, the procedure is:

click the slide preview in the Navigator Panel to select it, then right click and select Duplicate (command D)

User uploaded file

Feb 3, 2016 7:48 AM in response to Agent Source

I haven't heard of this Keynote issue before, it does not occur on any of our systems in either Yosemite or El Capitan.

You could try resetting Keynote as follows:

Perform all the steps in the order listed

*To uninstall Keynote, you must use an application removal tool for this procedure to work; Appcleaner is free and works well for this procedure, it is downloaded from here: Appcleaner

1. *uninstall Keynote using Appcleaner

2. empty the trash

3. shut Down the Mac (Apple menu > Shut Down)

4. wait 10 seconds, then press the power button

5. immediately after you hear the start up tone, hold down the Shift key

6. release the Shift key when you see the grey Apple screen, start up will take a few minutes longer than usual as the Mac is performing a software repair
  7. after the repair and the Mac is fully booted, restart the Mac normally, (Apple > Restart)
  8. install Keynote from the Mac App Store

Master duplication when coping a slide

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.