Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ibooks

I recently synced my iPad 2 to my PC in order to do a factory reset and update to ios9. I cant find all my books and PDFs in iBooks.

iPad 2

Posted on Jan 29, 2016 1:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2016 1:03 AM

What exactly did you do when updating ? Prior to starting the update did you do File > Devices > Transfer Purchases to copy them over to your computer's iTunes library (that should have copied PDFs and/or epubs in the iBooks, not just actual ibooks) ? If not then the ibooks that you can redownload will show in the Purchased tab in the iBooks app (and check to see if you've hidden any : Hide and unhide purchases in iTunes or iBooks on your Mac or PC - Apple Support) ; PDFs and/or epubs you will either have to add to your computer's iTunes library (File > Add To Library) and sync them, or download them from wherever you originally got them from

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 31, 2016 1:03 AM in response to nurse sum

What exactly did you do when updating ? Prior to starting the update did you do File > Devices > Transfer Purchases to copy them over to your computer's iTunes library (that should have copied PDFs and/or epubs in the iBooks, not just actual ibooks) ? If not then the ibooks that you can redownload will show in the Purchased tab in the iBooks app (and check to see if you've hidden any : Hide and unhide purchases in iTunes or iBooks on your Mac or PC - Apple Support) ; PDFs and/or epubs you will either have to add to your computer's iTunes library (File > Add To Library) and sync them, or download them from wherever you originally got them from

ibooks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.