Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

keyboard F11 confused

My setup : iMac (mid 2015)

with Bluetooth keyboard.

BUG : function keys are confused !!

When I press F11 to reduce volume, something else happens : all windows are minimized ?!?!

I tried with another Mac bluetooth keyboard : just the same.

so, it is not the keyboard, but the iMac ... but WHAT ???

BOB

iMac with Retina 5K display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Jan 29, 2016 1:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 29, 2016 3:25 PM

System preferences>keyboard. Uncheck use all F1.........

Barry

7 replies

Feb 1, 2016 5:39 AM in response to Rd44

Hi There, I have the same problem. Just bought a new keyboard (wireless). The pairing went well after updating the system to the latest version of Yosemite 10.10.5. I have an i-Mac (21.5-inch, Late 2009).

I read Barry's post with his proposed solution but I cannot find the checkbox. Could anyone elaborate a little bit more as to how I can set up the right functions of the keys (i.e. F11, F12 don't execute the volume of the mac etc.).

Thanks in advance,

Gert Jan de Rooij (Netherlands)

Feb 1, 2016 5:46 AM in response to Barry Hemphill

Hi There, I have the same problem. Just bought a new keyboard (wireless). The pairing went well after updating the system to the latest version of Yosemite 10.10.5. I have an i-Mac (21.5-inch, Late 2009).

I read Barry's post with his proposed solution but I cannot find the checkbox. Could anyone elaborate a little bit more as to how I can set up the right functions of the keys (i.e. F11, F12 don't execute the volume of the mac etc.).

Thanks in advance,

Gert Jan de Rooij (Netherlands)

keyboard F11 confused

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.