Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari slow after El Capitan upgrade, Hideme install

Why is Safari slow after El Capitan upgrade, or could it be Hideme

iMac 2 Ghz Core 2 Duo/3 gig RAM, Mac OS X (10.6.4)

Posted on Jan 29, 2016 5:27 PM

8 replies

Jan 30, 2016 10:00 PM in response to John Boye

John Boye wrote:

ClamXav installed on trial a while back. I uninstalled and seems to be much better.

Sounds like you were having Sentry watch too much. That's especially important with older, slower Macs. I usually recommend watching only the home folder, since that will include all the places where new files end up (downloads, e-mail, browser caches) and where all currently known malware (mostly Adware) ends up being installed. If you also transfer files, it would be a good idea to check the box to scan for inserted disks, but that should not include any backup drives.

The other thing I should mention is that if you feel you don't need to run Sentry at all and just want to be able to use ClamXav for manual scans, then there is no need to uninstall it.

Feb 10, 2016 8:20 AM in response to Eric Root

@Eric Root regrets for the late reply from my side. My MacBook(power card components) was getting so hot that I couldn't wait to reset the SMC as suggested by you. If I had lost the power card then it would have costed me the whole MacBook, so that night, when I posted my query, itself I took backup and formatted my MacBook and thanks all of you from the forum, my MacBook has returned to a normal state.🙂

Safari slow after El Capitan upgrade, Hideme install

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.